Project Management of Web Application Development
1) Page you do not have a prototype for it will be done twice. The first version will be your prototype
2) Only wireframes can prove something
3) Web application development is like building a house - small construction flaw will costs you dealing with a plumber endlessly.
4) 5 pages is not a web application. A web application is all pages of the system, all letters of the system, all user-cases, all text messages, interfaces with 3rd party systems and the database scheme.
5) Some web applications designed by owners against web designer's vision. If the result is complex to use it is probably sign of mistake.
6) Most web application development projects fail because of high cost of the features that could be added in second version. Unfortunately for them there is no second version.
7) Texts and letters cannot describe web applications, the same way they cannot describe house, clouds and sunshine. The can merely pinpoint some of the characteristics.
8) Web application development doesn't end with a last bug but when web application fulfills the goal it have been designed for.
9) Talk with each programmer about every page.
Web Application Development
10) Monetization considerations are not the enemy of user experience. They just second priority.
11) Scalability question is first to ask and is last to implement
12) Customers like different colors than web site owners. The good news is that most of the customers like about the same set of colors.
13) Big logo brings to site owner the same money as small logo, but big banner ad brings more money than small banner ad.
14) Extra click is only a problem if user has to think where to click and why to click
15) Web site with two sign-in has 100% of visitors going to wrong direction.
16) Users will not learn new terminology only to use this application. They either already know it or will choose something else
17) Drag and Drop is very cool for people who never tried to explain in email why something is not dragged and how "to catch it and move with the cursor"
18) It doesn't matter how time (phone, name) is stored in the database - people do not write seconds and do not need seconds when their account created.
Web application development vision
19) Web application development is about understanding the final goal. If you do not understand the goal it means you develop some other application.
20) Web application development is not a rocket science. If you feel that something is complex, you would better redesign it.